You can make a difference! Here are just a few of the ways you can participate….
Story after story testifies to the role a hot meal and a friend can play in the life of an individual. Stories of Friends in the Desert guests transitioning from homelessness and unemployment to gainful employment, including management positions abound. Moving stories of transition from life on the street to new occupations and more permanent housing is a measure of the difference you can make by participating in your own way at Friends in the Desert.
Even a little time or a few packages of disposable plates, given graciously, will change lives.
• Donations of food…both prepared and canned
• Volunteering to prepare a meal or serve food
• Donation of new men’s, women’s or children’s socks
• Donations of paper goods (plates, cups, napkins, utensils)
• Donations of professional services
• Donations of personal toiletry items, i.e. lotion, soap, shampoo, toothpaste & brush, mouthwash, comb, brush, disposable razors, feminine hygiene products, hand disinfectant, band-aids, etc.
• Donations of money
• Volunteer to pick-up donated food
• Volunteer or sponsorship of special Friends events
• Serve on committees supporting the activities supporting Friends
In-Kind Donations are always welcome and appreciated. Use this form to document your In-Kind Donations: CLICK HERE to Download the PDF Form.
Click below to receive our newsletter and get interesting Friends news, updates and useful information delivered to your inbox.